In order to ensure quality throughout the publication process, ShahidiHub Publishing has put in place the following policy guidelines which should be adhered to. We recognize that ethical standards exist to ensure reliable and high-quality publication output.
Ethical Guidelines for Manuscript Authors
The following guidelines apply to all authors during the article submission process:
- By submitting a paper to ShahidiHub International Journal, the author agree that this is their original work; and that it does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any other person/entity.
- By submitting a manuscript to ShahidiHub International Journal, the author agrees that the manuscript has not been published before and is not currently being submitted elsewhere for consideration. If a duplicate submission is detected during peer review, the manuscript may be rejected. If it is detected after publication, the manuscript may be retracted.
- All authors whose names on the article are equally responsible for all the content in the article.
- It is the responsibility of the author(s) to do proper citation based on the Citation/Formatting guidelines as recommended.
- Authors should only cite the resources they have used; unnecessary citations should not be listed. Also, authors are responsible to make accurate citations of their sources.
- Authors should strive to present honest, objective, and original work.
- Any conflict of interest should be disclosed by the author(s); in the case with conflict of interest, the policy on Conflict of Interests apply.
- Authorship of an article should be limited to people who have contributed substantially to the work. The corresponding author must have obtained permission from all the authors mentioned in the manuscript. The corresponding author is responsible for ensuring adherence to all the review guidelines.
Ethical Guidelines for Peer Reviewers (Associate Editors):
The following guidelines should be observed by all of our peer reviewers
- The reviewer’s comments should be constructive and professional and geared toward guiding the author(s) to meet the publication standards. They should refrain from making personal comments or criticism on a paper under review.
- A reviewer should ensure that the work is original, relevant, of high quality, and makes a scholarly input. The reviewer should suggest several ways in which the article can be improved.
- It is required that reviewers maintain high levels of confidentiality during the entire review process. They should not disclose the (unpublished) information of the reviewed manuscript, without permission from the editorial office.
- Due diligence is to be undertaken by reviewers to protect our readers from incorrect, flawed studies or studies that cannot be validated.
- Reviewers should openly declare any potential conflict of interest. Again, when there is a conflict of interest, Conflict of Interest policy applies.
- Reviewers are not supposed to contact the authors before the article gets published without the permission of the Editor.
- Reviewers should be prompt in dealing with the papers.
- Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors and make the suggestions accordingly.
Ethical Guidelines for Journal Managing Editor(s), and the Chief Editors
The following guidelines should be observed by ShahidiHub International Journals:
- The editor should observe professionalism, fairness, and make unbiased decisions as they handle manuscripts submitted to ShahidiHub International Journals for peer-review and publication.
- An editor(s) should not disclose any confidential information or unpublished works (in part or full) during the editorial/peer-review process, unless and until it is authorized by the source of that information.
- Editors should encourage scholars, researchers, professionals, practitioners, academicians, and students to publish their scholarly work in the respective ShahidiHub International Journals.
- Editors should strive to improve the journal and development of other journals in line with the mission and vision of ShahidiHub International Journals.
- The Chief Editor maintains monitors the review process and that the publication ethics are adhered to.
- Ensures that the articles that are forwarded for publication meets all the stipulated standards.
Ethical Guideline for the Publisher
ShahidiHub Publishing strictly adheres to the following Ethical Guidelines:
- Maintain high publication standards and the integrity of the journals.
- Maintains timely services and efficiency in the publication process.
- ShahidiHub International Journals shall not allow the publication of any manuscript that is not in accordance with the stipulated publications ethics and values.
- ShahidiHub Publishing adheres to professional conduct and upholds the editorial decisions in an unbiased manner.
- ShahidiHub Publishing reserves the right to decline publication of a manuscript if the submission has a plagiarized content (on unmanageable levels- above 15% similarity index). Also, we do not publish manuscripts that do not make a scholarly contribution, and those articles that does not follow research ethics.
- On the open-access policy, ShahidiHub Publishing provides immediate unrestricted access to its published content thus making it freely available to the global exchange of knowledge, but for non-commercial purposes. The author(s) can freely post the published manuscripts on personal websites, institutional repositories, and any other database.
Note: Articles that are published in the ShahidiHub Journal of Theology and Religious Studies are published within the confines of the Evangelical Christian belief.
Copyright and Licensing: In order to publish and disseminate research articles in ShahidiHub International Journals, we need publishing rights from authors in order to (make it) online/print/distribution/reuse. This is determined by an agreement between the author and ShahidiHub Publishing, which deals with the transfer of the license of the copyright to ShahidiHub Publishing and authors hold their substantial rights to use and share their articles which are published. Authors have copyright, but license rights are attributed to the publisher.
ShahidiHub safeguards and secures the author’s work and their reputation and takes serious action against infringement, plagiarism, ethical disputes, and fraudulent activities. We recommend contacting us for any such activities if you come across.
Privacy Statement- The names and email addresses submitted to this site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Abstracting and Indexing: The articles featured by ShahidiHub International Journals are listed by the following international recognized Abstracting/ Indexing agencies: Googles Scholar, DOI, Mendely, academia.edu, research gate, semantic scholar.
Disclaimer: Any opinions and views expressed in these publications are the exclusive opinions and views of the authors and are not the views endorsed by ShahidiHub Publishing. Thus, ShahidiHub Publishing shall not be liable for any losses, actions, claims, proceedings, demands, costs, expenses, damages, and other liabilities whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with, in relation to, or arising out of the use of the content.